CPCU 540 REV FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING FOR INSURANCE – EXAM PREP REVIEW
PROPERTY & CASUALTY
NOTE: This is an exam prep course and it is assumed you have already completed the CPCU 540 either via self study or an instructor led course.
CPCU 540 Financial Accounting for Insurance Professionals Review Class
Class provides a review the topics of CPCU 540 Financial Accounting for Insurance Professionals. There will be three sessions which review the highlights of the material found in CPCU 540 Book and Course Guide with a focus on the education objectives.
Some of the topics that will be reviewed are: Financial Statement and Analysis; Statutory Statement difference from GAAP Statement; Bonds and Stocks; and Cash Flow valuation.
Note this class is not intended to teach accounting principles or the mechanics of accounting that are covered in the CPCU 540 Book and Course Guide.
Please submit specific questions before the class starts to allow them to be incorporated into the review.
- After registering you can submit questions for review via your course dashboard.
- Questions submitted at lease one week prior to review course have greater potential to be part of the review.
CPCU540 self-study courses are available through The Institutes.
- Understanding corporate finance and accounting principles
- Understanding GAAP financial statements and analysis; insurer statutory accounting and insurer statutory annual statement analysis; cash flow valuation, bonds and stocks; insurer investment portfolio management, capital management; and mergers and acquisition
- Comprehending the underwriting cycle
Who should attend:
- Agents and Brokers
- Agency principals
- Claims representatives
- Line of business managers and executives
- Insurance litigators
- Risk managers
ONLINE – TELE COURSE