CPWC11 FEE SCHEDULES AND BILLING CODES
CLAIMS PRACTITIONER IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
Workers’ Compensation Origins and Overview
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 unit certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information. Components of the CPWC will also help fulfill certification requirements for California WC Medical Review or Medical Only adjusters.
Module 11 – Fee schedules and billing codes
In this 11th module, we will look at the standards and schedules governing the rates of reimbursement for medical and other services rendered in Workers Compensation cases. This will help you understand how the rates of reimbursement for services billed under Workers Compensation are calculated, the options these service providers have to challenge in the rates of reimbursement, and better equip you in lien negotiation.
Lecture Topics Covered
- Billing codes
- Fee Schedules
- MPN Contracts
Who should attend.
- Indemnity Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters
- Medical Bill Review Adjustors
- Medical Only Claims Adjustors
- TPA / Self Insured Claims Personnel
- Agent/Broker Workers’ Compensation Claims Staff
Difference between 3 & 5 hour versions:
- The Indemnity Track requires the 5 hour version to meet the requirement of 120 hours.
- The 5 hour version includes Case Studies and homework
- All other tracks only require the 3 hour version