CPWC2 WORKERS’ COMPENSATION COVERAGE OPTIONS AND CLAIMS ADMINISTRATION
CLAIMS PRACTITIONER IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
Module 2 -Workers’ Compensation Coverage and Claim Admin Options
In this 2nd module – Workers’ Compensation Coverage and Claim Admin Options, you will learn the options various employers have to meet their statutory obligation to provide workers compensation and the various means by which workers compensation claims are administered. Practically, you will learn about the role of the individual adjuster in the Workers Compensation system and how you can inspire your client’s confidence in the services you and your company provide.
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 module certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information. Components of the CPWC will also help fulfill certification requirements for California WC Medical Review or Medical Only adjusters.
Lecture Topics Covered:
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Services provided
- Cost calculation
- Certificate of consent
- Services secured
- Cost calculations
- Role of adjuster
- Failure to Insure
Who should attend.
- Indemnity Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters
- Medical Bill Review Adjustors
- Medical Only Claims Adjustors
- Safety and Risk Management Professionals
- TPA / Self Insured Claims Personnel
- Agent/Broker Workers’ Compensation Claims Staff
Difference between 3 and 5 hour versions:
- The Indemnity Track requires the 5 hour version to meet the requirement of 120 hours.
- The 5 hour version includes Case Studies and homework
- All other tracks only require the 3 hour version