CPWC5 WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIM COMPENSABILITY PART 1
CLAIMS PRACTITIONER IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 module certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information. Components of the CPWC will also help fulfill certification requirements for California WC Medical Review or Medical Only adjusters.
Module 5 – Workers Compensation Claim Compensability, Part 1
In this fifth module, we will continue our analysis of the necessary requirements to determine claim compensability. Specifically, we will be looking at the issues of notification of injury to the employer, employment status, and if the circumstances of injury are to be filed under the jurisdiction of the California Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board or some other jurisdiction
Lecture Topics Covered
- statutes of limitation
Who should attend.
- Indemnity Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters
- Medical Bill Review Adjustors
- Medical Only Claims Adjustors
- TPA / Self Insured Claims Personnel
- Agent/Broker Workers’ Compensation Claims Staff
Difference between 3 & 5 hour versions:
- The Indemnity Track requires the 5 hour version to meet the requirement of 120 hours.
- The 5 hour version includes Case Studies and homework
- All other tracks only require the 3 hour version