CPWC7 WORKERS’ COMPENSATION BENEFITS
CLAIMS PRACTITIONER IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 module certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information. Components of the CPWC will also help fulfill certification requirements for California WC Medical Review or Medical Only adjusters.
Module 7 – Overview of Worker’s Compensation Benefits
In this seventh module, we will have an overview of all of the various statutory benefits provided under the Worker’s Compensation statutes including medical benefits, medical legal benefits, temporary disability benefits, permanent disability benefits, supplemental job displacement benefits, and death benefits. This module is foundational to the detailed information supplied in the individual modules on each of the benefits.
Lecture Topics Covered
- WC Benefit overview
- Medical Benefits
- Death Benefits
- Medical Legal Benefits
Who should attend.
- Indemnity Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters
- Medical Bill Review Adjustors
- Medical Only Claims Adjustors
- TPA / Self Insured Claims Personnel
- Agent/Broker Workers’ Compensation Claims Staff
Difference between 3 & 5 hour versions:
- The Indemnity Track requires the 5 hour version to meet the requirement of 120 hours.
- The 5 hour version includes Case Studies and homework
- All other tracks only require the 3 hour version