CPWC9 MEDICAL TREATMENT – DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF TREATMENT PLANS – UR
CLAIMS PRACTITIONER IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 module certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information. Components of the CPWC will also help fulfill certification requirements for California WC Medical Review or Medical Only adjusters.
Module 9 – Medical Treatment Issues and Utilization Review
In this ninth module, we will introduce you to treatment issues including who has the right to choose the primary treating physician, pre-designation of personal physicians, MPN’s, utilization review, and independent medical review. Practically, this will help you to control the choice of the primary treating physician and the treatment plans of the PTP.
Lecture Topics Covered
- Medical Control
- Second opinions
Who should attend.
- Indemnity Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters
- Medical Bill Review Adjustors
- Medical Only Claims Adjustors
- TPA / Self Insured Claims Personnel
- Agent/Broker Workers’ Compensation Claims Staff
Difference between 3 & 5 hour versions:
- The Indemnity Track requires the 5 hour version to meet the requirement of 120 hours.
- The 5 hour version includes Case Studies and homework
- All other tracks only require the 3 hour version