CPWC10 MEDICAL DISPUUTE RESOLUTION
CLAIMS PRACTITIONER IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
Workers’ Compensation Origins and Overview
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 unit certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information. Components of the CPWC will also help fulfill certification requirements for California WC Medical Review or Medical Only adjusters.
Module 10 – Medical-Legal Disputes and Process
In this tenth module, you will learn how to navigate the process of addressing medical legal disputes, including the QME, AME, and IME processes as well as the reporting requirements for a medical legal report.
Lecture Topics Covered
- Spinal Surgery second opinions
- ML Requirements
Who should attend.
- Indemnity Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters
- Medical Bill Review Adjustors
- Medical Only Claims Adjustors
- TPA / Self Insured Claims Personnel
- Agent/Broker Workers’ Compensation Claims Staff
Difference between 3 & 5 hour versions:
- The Indemnity Track requires the 5 hour version to meet the requirement of 120 hours.
- The 5 hour version includes Case Studies and homework
- All other tracks only require the 3 hour version