Effective: January 17, 2022
Welcome to Insurance Education Association
It is intended that this policy be read in conjunction with the “Terms of Service,” which governs your use of our website.
1. What information do we gather about you?
We collect information from you in several ways from different parts of our website. The information gathered when you interact with our website and services falls into two categories: (1) “personal” information, which includes the information you supply when you register for our website and/or subscribe to our premium services; and (2) non-personal information which is collected through technology, such as tracking information collected by us and third parties.
Personal Information That You Provide Us
- Registration Information. When you register for our website, you will provide certain personal information, including your name, a unique email address, a physical mailing address, telephone and facsimile numbers, and demographic information, including (but not limited to) sex, age, job industry, and job title
- Billing and Credit Card Information. Please note that we collect and store your name, an email address, physical mailing address, telephone number, credit card information, and other billing information in order to enable payment via our website. This information will only be shared with third parties who help to complete the purchase transaction.
- Commercial Information. We keep a record of your transaction or subscription history.
- Contests, Sweeptstakes, and Special Offers. We may collect personal information from you when you participate in sweepstakes, contests, or special offers. If this information is also being collected by a third party other than ourselves, we will notify you at the same time. If you do not want any personal information shared, you should not participate in the sweepstakes, contest, or special offer.
- Information collected through our LiveChat Assistance. To assist you, we offer a LiveChat service powered by Intercom, through which we may collect your contact information, such as your name, email address, or physical mailing address, and any other information you volunteer, such as professional or employment-related information. If you attach a file or image to your help request, such as a screenshot or other document, we may also collect any audio, electronic, visual, or similar information that constitutes or forms part of your attachment.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
- Information Collected by Us Using Technology. We use various Internet technologies to manage the services of our website and track the use of our services. Non-personal information that we collect using these technologies may be combined with other information about you.
- Device Information. We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device, or other device you use to access our website or services, including (but not limited to) your IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Cookies and Other Similar Technologies. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use “cookies” as they help us provide faster and more accurate services by allowing our computers to readily identify your computer as an authorized user (among other details). You may not be able to access certain areas of our website if your computer does not accept cookies from us. We may also transmit non-personally identifiable website usage information to third parties in order to display advertising for us when you visit other websites.
- Analytics, Log Files, and Reading History. As is true of most websites, we will gather certain information automatically and store it in log files like most other websites. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses (the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the Internet), browser type, operating system, and other usage information about the use of our website, including a history of the pages you view. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. This is done so that we may improve the services we offer you. We have also hired third parties to provide us information, reports, and analysis about the usage, browsing patterns of our users. They may independently record the type of device and operating system you are using as well as general location information.
- Remarketing with Google Analytics.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data for advertising purposes, including the collection of data via advertising cookies and identifiers.
2. What do we do with the information we gather about you?
- Provide the Services You Request. We use the information we gather about you to enable your use of our services and fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as your request to purchase a paid subscription to our premium services.
- Statistical Analysis. We perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analysis of the users of our services and their subscriptions and purchases. This enables us to provide this information to advertisers for analysis purposes including ways to improve our customer relationships.
- Relevant Advertising. We may use the information that we collect through advertising on our website to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewers experience and the effectiveness of the ads. We disclose information to third parties only in aggregate or impersonal form.
- Email Newsletters. We will periodically send you email newsletters or promotional email about services offered by us and our advertisers.
- Website Troubleshooting and Fraud Detection. We may use your information to analyze website usage and troubleshoot problems, or to detect and protect against error, fraud, or other criminal activity.
3. With whom do we share the information that we gather?
- Withing our organization and our Affiliates. If you have registered to use our services, we will not sell, rent, swap, or authorize any third party to use your email address without your permission. In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, we may include your information among the transferred assets.
- Service Providers. We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, including credit-card and billing processing, ad serving, shipping, email distribution, list processing, and analytics or promotion management. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services. These service providers are restricted from using personal information in any other way than to provide services for us, and they may not share, resell, or use the data for their own direct marketing purposes. We reserve the right to disclose your opt-out information to third parties so they can suppress your name from future solicitors, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Third Party Marketing and Advertising Organizations. Through website cookies and similar technologies, we share your information with third party marketing and advertising partners to advertise our Services on our Sites and other websites that you may visit.
- Compliance with Legal Process. We may access, preserve, and disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law or with legal process; (ii) protect and defend our rights and property; (iii) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our services; or (iv) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
4. Are there links to third party websites?
- Yes. We have included links on our website for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these websites may differ from our own. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites
5. How do we respond to ‘Do not Track’ signals?
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
6. Your Privacy Choices
You may review and update your membership or account information in the Settings area. Otherwise, please contact us if you would like to request access and/or make other changes to your personal information.
Marketing Opt-Out: We comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. We will not send you marketing messages if you have opted out. You can choose not to receive messages in the future by either: (1) following the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each email, or (2) you can opt-out here. We will not share, sell, rent, swap, or authorize any third party to use your email address for commercial purposes without your permission. We offer email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter. If you send us an email, we will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights. We have listed the privacy rights for several jurisdictions below, but we understand you may have additional rights in your jurisdiction. You may contact us directly at any time about exercising your data protection rights. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA):
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you.
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right in certain circumstances, to delete the information you have provided to us.
- The right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
Request for Information and Deletion. California consumers have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the information listed below for the preceding 12 months. We have the right to request verification of your identity for all requests for information.
(1) The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
(5) The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
(6) The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
(7) The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
To make such a request, please contact us using the contact details below.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information. We do not sell your email address, shopping cart data, or other marketing information to third parties. However, under the CCPA, some sharing of personal information necessary to provide you with personalized ads may be considered a “sale,” even if no money is exchanged, such as our use of Google Ads cookies and similar technologies. You may learn more about how to opt out of such personalized ads in the Third Party Use of Information section above.
7. Is my information protected?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative controls to protect the information. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we have established and maintain what we believe to be reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information obtained through the Sites, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
8. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
9. Change of Control
Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change in control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of the business, part of the sale may include your personal information.
10. Changes to This Policy
11. Contact Information