CLAIMS PRACTITIONER IN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
Workers’ Compensation Origins and Overview
CPWC (Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation) is a 24 unit certification program developed to meet the needs of emerging claims practitioners. This program offers comprehensive training in foundation principles required to become a certified California WC Claims Adjuster and provides the required 120 classroom hours. Presented at a practical desk level, this curriculum includes learning tools such as case studies and soft skills along with technical information. Components of the CPWC will also help fulfill certification requirements for California WC Medical Review or Medical Only adjusters.
Module 12 – Liens
In this 12th module, we will look at the defense and resolution of liens submitted by medical and other service providers as the culmination of issues introduced in modules nine, ten and eleven. This will help you to determine how you can best defend against and or resolve the invoices of medical or other service providers.
Lecture Topics Covered
- Qualifications and Legal Considerations
- Lien Defense
- Lien Resolution
Who should attend.
- Indemnity Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters
- Medical Bill Review Adjustors
- Medical Only Claims Adjustors
- TPA / Self Insured Claims Personnel
- Agent/Broker Workers’ Compensation Claims Staff
Difference between 3 & 5 hour versions:
- The Indemnity Track requires the 5 hour version to meet the requirement of 120 hours.
- The 5 hour version includes Case Studies and homework
- All other tracks only require the 3 hour version