Take the SIP Exam with Confidence!
Preparing for an exam is not easy. Benefit from the instruction of Bob Cornelow, with over 35 years of experience in the industry. Bob presents this self-paced, on-demand course that will prepare you to pass the SIP exam with ease.
Robert J. Cornelow brings over 35 years of experience in the insurance industry to his students, including 20 years as the owner of a multi-line claim investigation firm.
As faculty for IEA, Bob has taught semester length courses in the WCCA and WCCP series since 1991. More recently, he developed and presented the curriculum for IEA’s Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation (CPWC) program as well as the Self-Insured Administrator (SIP) prep course. In addition to teaching for the IEA, Bob is currently self-employed as Cornelow & Associates, providing investigation and consulting services in the fields of risk, disability, and claim management.
What Others Are Saying
Your Roadmap to Passing the SIP
What You'll Get
- Learning objectives for each module
- A pre-lecture reading assignment with a list of the relevant Labor Code and Administrative Regulations.
- List of supplementary recommended resources including specific Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation (CPWC) modules as well as sections of Sullivan on Comp.
- Each module will have a short multiple-choice knowledge check
Still have questions?
The cost to take the SIP prep course is $450
It is recommended that the student have the knowledge and experience equivalent to the 120 hours of training required by the State of California DIR. Relevant professional designations or certifications representing this knowledge include the WCCA or IEA’s Certified Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation (CPWC).
Reading assignments are available for free online!
Or you can purchase the Workers’ Compensation Laws of California which includes the required reading materials.
Use coupon code SOC4IEA to receive $50 off an annual subscription or the first month free of a monthly subscription.
Guide to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment by the American Medical Association
A la carte Claims Practitioner in Workers’ Compensation (CPWC) courses offered by IEA to build a better foundation.
- Prepare to pass the SIP exam
- Have sufficient knowledge and recall in the following areas:
- 25% Statutory and Case Law
- 25% Administrative Director Rules and Regs
- 25% Medical Management, Disability Evaluations, Reserves and Determination of Future Liabilities
- 25% General Claims Management
12 1-hour modules for a total of 12 hours of training including:
- Initial Concepts, Injury, Presumptions, Employers, Employees, Employee’s dependents
- Compensability and Exclusive Remedy, Exclusive Remedy Exceptions; AOE/COE Concepts
- Medical Benefits part 1 – Medical Exams, Medical Legal Process; Medical Legal Expenses
- Medical Benefits part 2 – Medical and Hospital Treatment; Utilization Review (UR); Independent Medical Review (IMR); Medical Provider Network (MPN)
- Medical Benefits part 3 -Medical Terminology
- AWW Computation; Compensation schedules, Notices
- Disability Payments and Lien against Compensation; Death Benefits
- PD and SJDB/Return to Work
- Litigation and Proceedings; Compromise & Release (C&R) and stipulated awards, Jurisdiction, Statutes of Limitation on Proceedings; Administrative Assistance; Applications and Answers, Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB) Hearings, Findings and Awards, Reconsideration and Judicial Review
- Insurance and Self-Insurance; WC Fraud; Subrogation; Self- Insurance Requirements and Reporting
- Insurer Audits and Penalties
- Reserving and determination of Future Liabilities
You can apply online to take the examination at PSI Exams Online. At that site, select “Government/State Licensing Agencies. The system will prompt you to select a jurisdiction, select “California”. Then select the account: “CA Office of Self-Insurance Plans” and click on “CA Self-Insurance Examination”. From there please follow the instructions. There is also a detailed Candidate Information Bulletin located at the top right side of that page.
Effective July 1, 2012, PSI Examination Services will be responsible for administering the qualified claims administrator certification examination for the Office of Self-Insurance Plans (OSIP). Inquiries regarding the OSIP Self-Insurance Administrators examination program should be submitted to PSI Examination Services. Please direct other questions to OSIP at (916) 464-7000 or send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to get started?
The cost to purchase the SIP test prep course is $450. Click Enroll and get ready to pass the SIP Exam!
If you need to get your entire team ready to pass the exam, contact email@example.com for information about our group rates.
IEA traces its history to our predecessor organization, “The Fire Underwriters Association of the Pacific” (FUAP) created in 1876 in San Francisco, CA after the post Gold Rush building boom. Its stated purpose was the promotion of harmony and good practice among the claims adjusting profession. Over time, we became an all industry, all-lines organization with national outreach across the United States.
Today, we are committed to providing professional development to a changing workforce with changing needs. IEA offers a myriad of courses, seminars, and On-Demand training to meet our students where they are and help them reach their goals. We are proud of our contribution to better risk analysis and high operating standards in the industry.
Years since IEA Training originally founded as Firefighters Association of Insurance People
Students have taken an IEA Training course or class.
Designations awarded to students of IEA Training.